Thursday, July 18, 2013

3 Miles a Day - Day 3

Photo: Morning run.  7/17/2013.
well that ain't too bad...

I *DID NOT* make my goal time for my 10K earlier this month.  They changed the layout of the course (too much up).  It was 87 degrees.  My first mile was at my goal pace... Then I just fell right off the map.

It was the first race all year I didn't set a new personal best.  Somewhat of a bummer, but I'm moving on.

Now, for the first time in quite a while, I don't have any races scheduled.  No spreadsheets to work from.  No race date countdown calendars.  No plans.  Nothing.

I'm just running for fun.

To make things interesting, I'm trying to see how many consecutive days I can run 3 miles.  I've never done anything like this.  I usually just run 3 days a week, with lots of rest in between.  I'm guessing this will get harder and harder for a few more days.  Then it will start to get easier again.

It's been super hot here lately (90 degrees plus), so running mid-day hasn't really been an option.  I've been getting up at 5:55 and doing my 3 miles.  I love getting the run in first thing in the morning.

Right now I'm on day 3.  I was probably a little slower today than yesterday.  The back and knees were feeling pretty stiff first thing this morning.  But I'm pretty sure I can keep going with this.  I'm hoping to get to at least 10 days of this.

Also... HUNGRY.

The big question is how will I feel tomorrow morning if I lift weights tonight?  Might as well find out.

No comments: