Monday, April 27, 2009

Long Run Sunday 4/26/2009

I did 12 miles Sunday. Longest run yet.

It was hot. 30 degrees hotter than my long run last Sunday. After running in the mid-50s, 83 feels super hot.

Needless to say, my times were not good.

I made two "rookie mistakes" yesterday. I didn't sunscreen under my shirt (the lightweight running shirts don't offer much sun protection). And I left the house with room temperature water. It was practically boiling by the end of the run. Next time I'll do a partial freeze.

I'm going to start adding a little more protein in my diet. I'm still somewhat surprised by how "squishy" I am while running more than 20 miles a week.

I'm a little sore today, but it's certainly manageable. I think I've done a good job of building up to this point.

60 miles for the month. 187 for the year.

27 days until race day.

No comments: