Monday, March 30, 2009

Long Run Sunday 3/29/2009

Straight up 9 miles on the bikepath. It was 42 degrees with a light rain. And I felt great.

I was almost a full 2 minutes 30 seconds faster on the second half, so I'm either doing a good job of pacing myself or not pushing myself hard enough on the first half (depending on where you stand in the "glass half full v. glass half empty" debate).

I did a gel shot pack at 3.0 miles and another at 6.5 miles. The gel shots seem to help with energy and focus. I no longer forget where I am and just start thinking about pancakes.

I ended up taking Saturday off. My knees were so bad after Thursday that I thought I was going to be making a call to the doctor. Two days off seemed to help. But I'm staying away from the treadmill for a while.

63.5 miles for the month. 123.5 for the year.

55 days until race day.

No comments: